Thursday, November 29, 2007

12 month checkup

Allyson's appointment was at 10:30. Her height is right under the curve. Her total growth is consistent, so no need to worry there. Allyson is a healthy little girl, who takes after her mother. Next, he started asking questions about her physical development, like standing, and cruising. I said yes she is. The next few questions were about a sippy cup and her speaking. She does neither one. I have tried the sippy cup over and over, but she wants to chew on it. Allyson will learn in time. we just have to be patient. Her speech is behind and that is fine. The doctor is not worried and neither are we. She was premature and was in the hospital for two weeks. Allyson should really only be 11 months old not 12 months old. After we went over everything Allyson got five shots. The most that she will ever have at one time. And we are at the half way point with all of the shots. In all, the appointment went very well. Allyson is growing up to be a healthy little girl. I have read and the doctor told me, it takes up to two years to catch up with their peers. The reason Allyson is not talking yet, is NOT because Matt and I are quiet. Allyson's brain has to process and learn everything that goes on around her. Allyson has a great family environment. We read to her and talk to her everyday. I am always talking to her and so does Matt. Matt taught her to clap in one day. She knows where her nose is and can give a high five. Allyson is capable of learning intellectually. One day out of the blue Allyson will say something. I personally don't think anything is WRONG with Allyson and the doctor doesn't either. She has been on track for everything in the first year. God made her this way and we have to accept her and how she grows up. Not every child develops the same way. We started Allyson a few days early on whole milk. She is doing great with the change. She could not tell the difference of it. The doctor said we can start giving her finger foods/table foods. Its going to take awhile for her to get use to it. I am still feeding her baby food. Its just going to be a slow process. I am hoping by January she will just be eating table food.

No comments: